Friday, December 23, 2005

Home Again...

My Godson Dan, looking less than pleased with having his picture taken.


Have I mentioned lately how cold it is here? Well, it is. You can tell when you are in Rochester in the winter, because every bit of moisture in your skin is sucked out upon arrival. I made it home late Friday night when amazingly enough, all six flights went completely without incident. My nephew Jonathan made a gorgeous sign welcoming me home. He’s da bomb! It’s really great to be home. I went to see my friend Jennifer to pick up my pups. Harvey is down to his fighting weight after his extended stay at the Brighton fat camp. Next time, I’m sending them to Sri Lanka and asking Jen to look after me.
Sue and Dave Mayne had a lovely party on Saturday. I think the best part was the fact that Erik, Dan and Bridget didn’t know I was home yet when they walked in the door and saw me. Boy, were they surprised! I’m adjusting…it was a little spooky riding in the car on the right side of the road again. I also made my mom have lunch at the Greek restaurant and Zwiegles hot dogs for dinner. All my nieces and nephews were very concerned as to whether or not I would have time to make some Christmas cookies. I’ve got that covered! The gang came over today to help decorate and we had a blast.
I need to connect with the gang in Sri Lanka regarding some of the unfinished projects, but I know they are all wrapped up right now in throwing a generic holiday party at the Wellawatte orphanage. I wish I could be there with them, but I kicked in a few bucks so they could have a really fun time with the boys. Kenney called me on Sunday night at 4:00 in the morning. I’m not exactly sure what we talked about after I clarified the time difference. He rationalized that this is the time of day he always calls Simone…but she’s in Australia…not the U.S. I think it was something about his Australian spousal visa to join Simone, but I’m not sure. I hope he emails or calls back again soon to talk to me when I’m awake. Happy Holidays to everyone and please be thankful for all the wonderful things in your life, I know I am.

3 comments:

Kingbear said...

Happy Holidays Sue

Look forward to your new blogs in the new year.

Leiro said...

Hey Sue,

Glad you landed safe! Sri Lanka will miss you, but you can't look after everybody else all the time.. time for you to take some 'me time' for a while.

I'm back home, post-op! Feeling OK, everything went as planned and just looking forward to Christmas. Santa already gave me a volunteer International jumper from the cafepress site! ;-) IT's lovely, superb quality and almost as good as the messenger bag I bought!

Happy hollidays Sue, you deserve them! :-)

Lots of Love,
Deana

Anonymous said...

Miss hanging out and doing good works with you sue. You were everyone's inspiration!!. Love you. Max