Thursday, December 15, 2005

Signing off from Sri Lanka

My last day in country was great. I went to the pump place to torture them one last time, we finally have a working pump down in Tissa. Just think, it only took THE WHOLE TIME I WAS HERE! Picked up the last of my stuff at the fluff and fold; spread-sheeted some receipts for the greeting card project; consoled Roy because I was leaving (I gave him a really cool Swiss Army knife so he could fix his own trishaw instead of relying on me) I taught some of the new guys the fine art of balloon sculpture; had a lampraise for lunch, visited my friends at the orphanage one last time and just when you think it couldn’t get any better, the landlord finally replaced the porch light…after six months of it being burned out. I got some very nice cards from all my friends and I can tell you for sure, I’m really going to miss them all.

2 comments:

Leiro said...

I actually feel quite emotional that you are leaving. Being the 1 year anniversary of the tsunami it's an emotional time of year for me anyway!

Happy hollidays Sue...

Love
deana

Anonymous said...

I feel teary eyed as well. I've enjoyed reading this blog and being "in" this marvelous adventure. I look forward to going back to the beginning of the blog and having Sue plump out some of the details and bring me up-to-date with the projects.