Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Heading out to Sri Lanka again...

...but just for a couple of weeks.
I'm embarrassed to admit it took me about an hour to figure out how to log into my blogger account. Yes, it's been that long. Since last I wrote, it's been a very interesting couple of years caring for my mom as she's coping with Alzheimer's. When she was formally diagnosed, she and I agreed that we would deal with it with the utmost candor, humor and honesty. She gets frustrated when she can't remember something, says she "feels stupid". Yo! It's a disease! Cut yourself some slack, wouldja? I must say, we speak to each other in a lot of nonsequiturs and I often tease her that I know what she's thinking before she thinks it. Some of our exchanges remind me of discussions we used to have during my recreational drug use days in the seventies...without the good parts. Paybacks really are a bitch.
So here's the question, does anyone even read blogs anymore? With all the social networking going isn't blogging sort of redundant? Until I fully understand the vagaries of facebook, I'll continue to put stuff here. No, it's not because I just wasted an hour I'll never get back trying to remember my log on and password!

2 comments:

jte said...

I hope blogs don't go away this soon. I've got no interest in facebook or twitter. But blogs make sense to me. Carry on!

Michael Weaver said...

Keep the posts coming, Sue... I'm also faceless on Facebook and glad to have access to whatever tidbits you drop...
You're a good writer, btw....